Professional sports is a complex and rapidly changing business. At present, it is generally accepted throughout the world that sport has its own unique structure, and sports-related disputes should be resolved in accordance with this unique structure and the discipline of “sports law”.
Jomart & Co, with its unique experience in advising on the sports business and sports activities, can help clients minimize the legal and commercial risks they may be exposed to, both locally and internationally.
Sport today has acquired great importance both economically and socially. At present, it is generally accepted throughout the world that sport has its own unique structure, and sports-related disputes should be resolved in accordance with this unique structure and the discipline of “sports law”.
In order to be successful in any sports industry, stakeholders need to know about all the relevant applicable national and international rules, norms, contracting practices and laws of said sports industry.
Jomart & Co contributes to the development of national and international sports law. Working in the field of sports law, we not only take into account the interests of athletes and sports clubs, but also identify shortcomings in resolving disputes and fill in the gaps.
Our practice is aimed at finding solutions to all disputes in sports that may arise between athletes, clubs and federations, taking into account applicable legal principles.
Jomart & Co also provides expert advice on matters including:
- Commercial Sponsorship Agreements;
- Technical Kit Supply Agreements;
- Commercial Partnership Agreements;
- Brand Licensing and Merchandising Agreements;
- Inter-Club Agreements;
- Electronic Turnstile Operation Agreements;
- Payment Card and Managed Transaction Service Agreements;
- Media Content Development Agreements.
Legal advice on sports law
- Providing counsel to athletes, coaches, agents, and sports organizations;
- Providing consultation on the organization and preparation of sports competitions;
- Advice on sports sponsorship, use and protection of commercial rights and other rights of sports organizers;
Player Transfers and Sport Law
- Advising on legal issues arising out of player transfers;
- Drafting and providing advice on player contracts, agent representation contracts, compromise agreements, etc.
Development of local regulations of sports organizations
- Preparation of rules and regulations;
- Development of regulations on sports organizations and other stakeholders;
– Representation in the resolution of sports disputes in the bodies of sports federations;
– Representation of interests in courts and sports arbitrations in disputes related to the sports activities of athletes, coaches, agents, organizations;
– Representation in amicably resolving disputes between various stakeholders in sports.
Legal support of sports organizations and activities related to sports competitions
- Legal assistance to sports clubs and sports schools;
- Representation before state authorities;
- Preparation of legal documentation, drafting local regulations of the sports organization;
- Advising on and preparing statutory regulations, contracts, orders and other related documentation;